On Jun 9, 2008, at 2:50 PM, Tom Piwowar wrote:

I wonder why Cox and Comcast's legal departments let them do this. If
they block an important message would they not be open to a lawsuit?

I do not believe there is any concern on the part of either Cox or Comcast or any other provider in terms of lawsuits because a message is not delivered. Is the Postal Service worried about lawsuits due to a failure to deliver? No. There are no contractual guarantees, so there is no legal issue to be resolved.

  Steve