On Jun 16, 2008, at 2:10 PM, Reid Katan wrote:

 On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 11:14 AM, Tom Piwowar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Does anyone have a strategy for avoiding Vista?

Yeah. Get a Mac.

I suggested getting the Mac OS and was criticized for doing so. Actually, I should have merely suggested any other OS, not just one made by Apple.

I realize that many folks think they are forever bound to a MS operating system of one flavor or another. Such a burden. I have been through three operating systems, and the Mac OS is the one I have settled on in the final analysis. I wonder how many different operating systems most Windows users have worked extensively with? I do not personally know anybody who is wedded to the Windows system who has ever worked at length with any other OS.

  Steve