At 11:57 AM 6/16/2008, Tony B wrote:
>To reiterate: The much ballyhooed problems with Vista were never
>actually problems with the OS, but rather, problems with support from
>the myriad of manufacturers that [are supposed to] support the OS.

Yeah, but Microsoft could have put in a "translation layer" (that would have
been slow/slower) to allow legacy hardware to be used with vista????  Much
upgrade has very little of usefulness to some people, but still has a steep
learning curve.  I want to struggle with an upgrade only when it has a specific
feature I really need, only when I really need it.

Fred Holmes
Luddite and proud of it.