Does your backup need to be "online" (i.e. over the Internet)? It sounds like you might be better served by using an external (USB, Firewire, or eSATA) hard-disk. Get a 500GB unit (or more, prices are coming down, and your data will only increase over time). Actually, get two. Then, after
doing your first backup, take it with you on yo

I've done that, Vicky. But I have found that my external drives end up not working right after sitting for a while. I have two WD 'MyBook' drives that my mac won't mount so I can't get anything off them or add to them. Another one is making loud clicking sounds so doesn't sound like it's going to be around long...and when I tried to mount it recently my Mac wouldn't see it at all. It is backed up on another drive so all is not lost. I just thought 'online' storage would be safer.

Paula
IN/USA
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" Have a wonderful day!