>And by the way...this HP which sells for less then 1k, is FAR FAR away from
>the 'cheapest' HP.  However, that 1199 macbook is the cheapest one for
>Apple.  So in point of fact, i was allowing Apple to set cheapest components
>while paying more for them.  HP, Toshiba, Asus, Lenova..Apple..they may
>solid laptops.

Last time I encountered a batch of HPs I found them idiosyncratic. A
tweaked version of Windows and tweaked drivers seriously limited
configuration options. Video cards were limited to a short list on their
website. Hardware mounts would not fit certain types of drives and I had
to make my own brackets. Setting up the HPs was very expensive.

I hope things are better now.