-----Original Message-----
From: Computer Guys Discussion List
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Tom Piwowar
Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2008 7:16 PM
To: COMPUTERGUYS-L@LISTSERV.AOL.COM
Subject: Re: [CGUYS] Apple Pricing on Par with HP, Dell (PC World)

>If he'd compared low end macbook to low end HP, the HP would have won
out by
>about 200 bux.  I can drive down to Fry's right now and get a HP
configured
>with twice the memory, 2 inches larger screen, larger HD all for about
200
>less then if I buy the macbook they sell next to it.   As is said,
lies,
>damn lies and statistics.  I don't doubt anything read in the article,
but
>it's still not wholey accurate.  I'll never understand the mac zealots
>desire to prove beyond any doubt that macs don't cost more.  I bought
an
>ipod and it was more expensive then a lot of other mp3 players, but I
wanted
>the polish..the fit and finish of the product.

I think you missed the point. No one will dispute that you can find a
Windows junk box selling for close to nothing. The point was that people

looking for a good computer should not immediately rule out Macs because

of false propaganda about their price. If the false propaganda was not
constantly being repeated it would not be necessary to point it out.
Unfortunately that is not the case.

**
**  policy, calmness, a member map, and more at http://www.cguys.org/
**