As with any manufacturer who does not make their own boards, they are made the customers specifications.

I have bought name brand stuff only to discover another name on the board.

Dell does not make boards but only assembles parts made to their specs.

It is like Cell phones. The phone you buy in America may have a generic counterpart somewhere in the world, and you will different thins on it, because they are set to the specifications of the buyer.

I will assume that there are certain specifications that Apple does have with their manufacturer for quality and fit and finish.

If you remember the name Curtis Mathis (I saw it recently on a flat screen TV) they used to proclaim themselves the upper tier of TV sellers. They did not make a thing. They only assembled TV's out of other manufacturers components and stuck their name on it.

Stewart