There's probably some kind of analogy to the present situation, to the actual topic of this thread, but I don't want to think about it.

I think you're overanalyzing this but your point is clear.

Sometimes the Mac people come off as Eumenides to the non-Mac
people. That much is apparent.  But it is also true that the construction
"blessed ones" can be construed as a satirical or deprecating
reference as in "you think you are the Eumenides but you are actually
nothing more than dogshit".

I think that nobody intended to deconstruct that to this level.

I think that dogs and cats can play together.

Good classical scholarship, by the way.  It never would have occurred
to me if you hadn't brought it up.