Been there done that.

I also happen to agree with sister.

America tends to follow the traditions of the conservative Reformed traditions which believe in regulation by the church through government. (I a oppose this)

Check out John Calvin's experiment in Geneva in the 1500's.

Also their views of sexuality are much more common sense. European TV does not censor and shows much more than we do. (When I was a teenager I was very surprised by what I saw on German TV.)

They also were very nonplused by the whole Clinton-Lewinsky deal (He had an affair? Ho Hum.)

In America (and surprisingly Canada) they have set a far higher standard on what children can and should view and have done so based on their view of sex. Even Muslims have a very narrow view of what is appropriate and not. As I said before it is a community based standard. Which means it is normally based on what the majority of the community says it does.

Do you remember when Pornography prosecutions became very selective based solely on community standards. What was appropriate in NY NY would not be in Hazzard, KY. So the federal prosecutors would prosecute a Porn distributor or film in Hazzzrd not NY.

Personally I do not set filters nor do I let anyone else set filters on my computers, my family computers, or the church computers. No one will be deciding for someone else what they can look at.

I did not go see "The Passion of Christ" as I am not into that type of movie (way too much gore for me) but many of my members did. Kill BIll? Dumb movie!

And yes everyone else does have the right to practice THEIR religion, without my interference, until it gets to the point that it interferes with my being able to practice my religion.

That is the proper religion (It is a constant tension)

Stewart