You are right.

I only have now the CPU, Monitor, Cable Modem,and Router plugged in to the UPS side.

However I still had problems when the printer was plugged into the same outlet in the wall.

But that might say more for the wiring in my house than anything else. It is only 5 years old, but down here that does not guarantee anything.

Stewart