That's a good price. Hard to say what kind of backups it's doing -
files or images. But regardless, you can't just plug it in and forget
it. You need to monitor it closely to see what it's doing and where.
This is especially important when it's new; after a while you can just
check on it monthly as you swap it out for your second drive, moving
alternate months off-premises (depending how important the data is to
you).