I disagree strongly with your statement--see next. However, I agree that automatic playing of music is not acceptable when visiting a web page.

For my web site, I am not automatically playing music when the page is entered. There is a link to a "listen to music" page from the home page. Once the link is clicked upon, the listen page is shown. In that page, there are links to select the kind of music to be played. No click on link, no music. If a link is selected then a popup opens that should play the music just once. The listener can close the popup and stop the music at any time by clicking on either the close button or the close link in the popup.

Embed is the only way that I know how to include music or video in a web page. If there is another way, please let me know. According to how it is used, both automatic playing and otherwise requires the statement AFAIK.

You can see my web site, still not completed, at http://www.riversidesax.info/