>When they introduced the iPhone, I thought it would be the Mac of the
>cell phones.  I thought that it would have a small percentage of the
>market, but would set the standard and push innovation.  This appears to
>be happening  (market share is a  little  larger  than I  expected).
>I also thought that Apple TV would be  the next iPod, so I guess I'm
>batting .500

When I was looking to replace my Replay I very quickly rejected the Apple
TV.

The problem with Apple TV is that it is really not about TV. Compare it
to the Tivo, which is very much about TV and also does some things Apple
TV does. The Apple TV is tied up in knots by the DRM demands of the media
cartels. If Apple had launched an unshackled Apple TV, like it launched
the iPod, paying no attention to the demands of the media cartels, it
would have been a much more successful product.