If your Glyde and your computer have bluetooth, you might
try doing a bluetooth pairing between them and see if you can
get your photos that way.  Strangely, the bluetooth pairing
will sometimes give options unavailable from the data cable.

There is also free phone data manager software called
BitPim at <http://www.bitpim.org/>.  It is multiplatform, and on
fully supported models will let you transfer any data to and from
the phone, including ringtones and pictures.  Unfortunately, they
say that Samsung phones are not fully supported, but that some
models have more support than others.  I haven't used it myself
yet, but I plan to use it to add some ringtones to my phone, a
LG from Verizon.

I tried for the first time to transfer photos from my Samsung GLYDE.

I installed the USB driver, but did not install the VCast Music Manager.

After rebooting and connecting the phone, I can see the Samsung USB
USB Driver and the Samsung Mobile Modem in the device manager (I found
a posting on a forum that suggested this as a way to determine whether
the hardware is working).