First open the case and look the MB where you will find the battery. Identify the
battery and buy the same. Replace. No pain.

Marcio

At 18:35 12/10/2008, Tom Piwowar wrote:
Eventually the battery will get so low that you will lose the stored
data. You can delay this by keeping the computer plugged in to power.
Delay long enough and the battery will leak and burn a hole through your
motherboard.

New battery is around $10. Radio Shack carries the common ones. Also easy
to buy online. Changing the battery is not a big deal.

So why wait and wait for big trouble?