Not to turn this into a discussion of getting lost, but...

>Good idea, sometimes hard to do.  Example, went to Va. Beach
>to walk in the sand.  I get directions to my sisters house,
[snip]

I was visiting a friend in Needham.  I followed his directions and was
actually really close, but little did I know the road I was looking for
was abbreviated on the street signs.  I was looking for "Charles River
Road" but the street signs all said "Chas Rv Rd".  Surely "Charles" and
"Chas" are 2 different streets.

I finally asked someone where the "Charles River Road" was and he said I
was on it - the "Chas River Road".

Larry