i had a big problem with the voltage in my house(lost the neutral).  the
constant voltage box did not work correctly.  did not beep very often.  house
voltage was at 175-200V.  got a plug in volt meter from radio shack little
thing that centered at 120, and went from 90 to about 150.  almost bent the
needle.

power company dug up entire front yard, replaced power into house, replaced all
killed appliances.