>The problem I'm having is when I change a channel either through the guide
>or the Tivo remote, the channel that it tries to change to is different.
>For example, if I try to change to 296 and I'm already on 249, Tivo tries
>to change to 2296 or 2 or 96.

I see.

I had a problem for a while where Tivo was unable to tune one digital
channel. The Season Pass for that channel would fail. Playing around with
it I was able to figure out that the Tivo box had the wrong frequency
information for that channel. I rescanned the channels. The channel was
corrected. Good luck for me.

Alternatively, there are some third-party add-in programs that can be
loaded onto the Tivo that provide greater details about its settings and
can change some of them. I was reading the tivocommunity site casually so
I don't remember the details, but you could look there. Some of these run
advertisements on the site.