swap with Paula.
NOOOOOO!  I won't swap!
Honestly, I'm really impressed with the sound quality on my iPhone. I do have the most recent one...the 3G. Does your brother have the first one? I do recall reading that the sound quality wasn't as good until they updated the software. My Verizon phone was the original Chocolate and the sound quality is awful. I have to constantly ask people to repeat themselves because their words tend to sound mushy on it. I don't miss it at all.

Paula/IN/USA
Continuity of Government: a nice way to say Martial Law so the sheep don't get scared.