>I hate to sound ungrateful on Thanksgiving eve, but my computer is once
>again taking forever to load every page.  This, with FireFox, including with
>creating a new profile.  Last time, creating a new profile seemed to help;
>now it doesn't.  Further, can't even seem to use IE as alternative which
>worked previously.

Some people are complaining about the virus scanner that FF just added,
but since your IE works crappy too the problem is probably at the system
level.

I recently fixed such sluggishness by changing the DNS servers I was
using. I had been using OpenDNS -- as I and many others on the list have
recommended. But recently OpenDNS has been very sluggish. So I switched
to my ISP's DNS.