One of the hidden issues that I don't see being considered by anybody
re: thumb texting is RSI (Repetitive Stress Injury)  tendinitus.

That's why I'd rather use a tiny netbook with a real keyboard. I don't like thumb texting. Fingers--yes.

I did find a major downside of having a touchscreen device. They don't work that well with cold fingers or long nails. Can't complain. It was free, as in no contract free.

Still want a smaller netbook than I can find around here [smaller than 8-10 inch ones] and with a real keyboard. I've seen people using them in airports, etc. Would like to try one.