>Also, if you want to compare MS to Apple, the proper comparison is
>OS vs OS.  Funnily enough, OS X doesn't have activation keys.

Yes, OS X is truly a deficient operating system. As everybody knows, what
customers all want is more Windows features, like activation keys,
product assurance hoops, automatic denial of service when the OS decides
we are cheating, calls to MS for permission to make hardware changes,
more calls to MS begging for just one more additional install. And Patch
Tuesday, we all look forward to Patch Tuesday.

Apple is truly stupid to trust its customers to pay for its products
without numerous forms of coercion.