Tom Piwowar
>>Can IWork or iLife be installed as a limited user?  Yes, I
>>installed the Garmin program as admin and then switched to
>>the limited user to do the actual registration.

> No application can be installed by a non-admin user. That
> is as it should be.

Some programs can be installed and used as a non-admin,
x-plane for example.  It isn't a general purpose
application like word processing, etc.  To run, it has to
open files for read/write from where it was installed.
Installing as admin means that is who has to run it.
Installing it as a limited user lets me use it as
non-admin user (that was my goal).

> So is the latest version of the story that you were
> correctly blocked from installing software and that lead
> to your not being able to register? After you installed
> the software with proper admin rights you were able to
> register from a standard account?

The latest version?  There things I know now that I didn't
before changing the results of what I get.

> If that is the case there is no reason to castigate
> Garmin. Maybe you should be reading the "Little Mac Book?"

I expect to be learning things my entire life.  I've never
seen the Little Mac Book.  Many things were obvious in use,
other things not so obvious.

--
Take care  | This clown speaks for himself, his job doesn't
Wayne D.   | supply this, at least not directly