I've got a Garmin and have generally been amused, but somewhat disappointed by
what it thinks it knows and doesn't know.

It knows where Home Depots are located, just not the one that's 15 minutes from
me (that's been in the same location since the late 1980s).  It suggests I
drive 2+ hours to find one.  The same goes for Trader Joes and a slew of other
places.  A local hospital moved 2 years ago and last year's map didn't know
about it.  It doesn't even know where the Costco that it came from is located.

On the amusing side, it knows the abbreviation "SC" stands for South Carolina.
I programmed in a location for a business with "SC" in the name.  It tells me,
"now arriving at South Carolina...."

It knows how to read street names for the most part.  Expressway is...well
Expressway, but Expwy is "ex-pweee"

Also, it is rather amusing that if you program it for "shortest distance", the
directions will take you off the freeway, onto the exit ramp and then back onto
the freeway again.  Apparently that's .0001 miles shorter than just staying on
the freeway.

I called Garmin and the kind person I spoke with (after waiting on hold for 30+
minutes) didn't understand how it doesn't know the various locations.  That was
with updated maps too.

I suspect businesses have to pay to have their locations identified?

Larry