If I understand it correctly. The copyright law has changes so that anything you produce is automatically afforded copyright protection.

If you so choose you can then give folks the right to copy anything you have produced.

However if they do not ask your permission first and it is granted it is automatically considered a violation of the DMCA.

How you want to enforce it is then your call.

Stewart