Did you find any particular online sites you found good TV deals on?

Don't buy a TV online. Buy it in a store. That is, unless you will be home when it's delivered, and the delivery truck driver will wait while you unpack the TV to test it. Many online sites won't take TVs back once the box is opened. If they do, you'll have to pay shipping.

In 2007 we joined Costco to buy two TVs. We got a business membership with an American Express card. Along with the 37" and 42" HDTVs, we got other good deals. Both Costco and AmEx give cash rebates on purchases to business members. Membership cost $100. Our rebate for the year was $148, plus the $10 cash incentive for joining in the first place. We bought one TV on sale and the other was a markdown. No rebates with a regular membership.

A year later, in October, a friend got an incredible deal on a Sharp Aquos HDTV at Sears. She shopped online and picked it up in the store. No interest, 24 months, or 10% cash rebate.

Look for the deals in the Sunday newspapers. Consider the supermarket ads too. We bought a Daewoo TV at our local ShopRite store for less than $100 a few years ago on Black Friday. I see HDTVs there now. Does Giant or Wegman's sell TVs? BJs has good deals, and there was a free pass in Sunday's coupon flyers. Some office, electronics or computer specialty stores have HDTVs.

I'd start at Sears. Come on up to Delaware to buy your TV.

Betty