I think you are agreeing with me, but I'm not sure what countries you are referring to. Not that you need my endorsement, but one of the things that the truly religious have traditionally done is provide help for the poor.
"As You Have Done Unto the Least of These, You Have Done Unto Me"
Then there's the thing about throwing the money lenders out of the temple.
An interesting parallel to our current situation.

Rev. Stewart Marshall wrote:
I prefer to help those who need it than do what many eastern countries do. Nothing.

Stewart