I think you're still misunderstanding the concept. Or purposely trying
to obfuscate. Implementation of cloud computing hasn't really been
possible until recent broadband penetration. But you insist on talking
about 'many years' as if you've been avoiding a cloud by choice all
this time.

FWIW, my wife has been using Yahoo mail's web interface for years (a
real cloud), and she's never lost an email, nor is she likely to
anytime soon.

And The Cloud is growing: http://blogs.zdnet.com/Google/?p=1247
If you have access to broadband, you're doing yourself a disservice by
ignoring it.

More traces of GDrive popping up