> Me too, but I have yet to find a radio that is as well made as the
> 20-year-old Yamaha I own. Yamaha still makes radios, but nothing like
> what I have. Plus I would not buy a new radio that did not include HD
> and
> Internet streaming. Put all those needs together and there is nothing
> available.
>
> I have read and spoken to owners who tell me that HD radios have poor
> reception. Radios that stream tend to be odd and a bit expensive. Amd
> my
> recent experiences with shopping for an MP3 player with speakers has
> got
> me shy about buying.

I just bought a Teac HD Radio/iPod docking system at Costco for $99.  Amazon
calls it a clock radio, and I suppose it could be considered one, but I
wouldn't use it as one.  It has more than decent sound, definitely room
filling, fairly good bass, with an AUX input jack.  I plan on getting a home
connector for my XM receiver and plug that in there, at least for as long as
XM is still around.

I know Teac isn't anywhere near top of the line, but I've been looking at
these for a while and this definitely had the best sound in this price
range, much better than the tinny-sounding JBLs, as well as a good,
heavy-weight remote.  It's a mini-remote, but the weight has a good feel in
your hand.  Plus, I think the system itself it's a nice looking unit.  Very
subdued.

If I want to hear streaming, one of my computers is on the other side of the
room with some so-so HK speakers attached.

http://www.amazon.com/Teac-Clock-Radio-iPhone-Docking/dp/B001TI8LSU