We recently got a PowerMac G5 tower with 10.5.6 installed. It was "decommissioned" from a bank. It has two USB printers [Samsung ML-2010 and Epson 740] connected to it that worked with the older Quicksilver G4 running 10.4. A third printer is connected to another Mac via USB; we can print to it via WiFi or ethernet when the Mac is turned on.

The G5 can't print to any of the printers. It also didn't recognize USB flash drives. I reinstalled the system, can see the flash drives, but still can't print. The printer utility for the local printers shows a print queue with completed documents, except they didn't print. Selecting the remote printer makes apps crash. Before my husband 'throws it out the window', how can I tweak the system to print to these three printers? GUI or command-line solutions are OK.

Betty