The G5 can't print to any of the printers. It also didn't recognize USB flash drives. I reinstalled the system, can see the flash drives, but still can't print. The printer utility for the local printers shows a print queue with completed documents, except they didn't print.

Since it came from a bank there is a strong chance that the bank made an effort to disable USB using some hardware mechanism. I suggest checking out the hardware before looking at the software. Do some ports work and others not?

The first thing I considered was the USB ports. The one in the front wasn't working. I couldn't find a USB driver in the System. I think the one for 10.5 is IOUSBfamily.kext, but I can't download it without subscription to Apple's developer site. Found a general open source link for USB drivers. I can get into the site using my general Apple login [same as for iTunes], but don't know what to do with the files yet. ReadMe says they need to be updated--well, so does the Mac.
http://www.opensource.apple.com/darwinsource/10.5.6/IOUSBFamily-327.4.0/

The keyboard is plugged into the back and works OK. System Profiler sees the printers but can't print. I figured they disabled those ports for USB2, so I did an archive and install for 10.5 and 10.5.6. The front port now works with my flash drive, but it may be set up that way. The tech uses a 16 GB flash drive to boot from when he does troubleshooting. If I wipe the drive and reinstall the system that might work. I also have a USB2 PCI card to install. I hope the USB is disabled with software and not hardware. Maybe I'll just wipe the drive and start over to exorcise the bank's network settings.

Annoying as it is, I'm glad the bank has good security--just not on my Mac.