Step back a get a little perspective.

If it walks like a duck, smells like a duck and quacks like a duck ... it's a DUCK !

MS is consistent in it's mediocrity and the public's opinion is also notably consistent. Office 07, Vista, Explorer. Needlessly confusing, bloated, slow...

Think about it ... MS hasn't done anything notably good or innovative for years ... why should Office be any different. Now that there are viable alternatives to their products, you watch and see if their economic fortunes and deep pockets don't take the huge hit they deserve.

Best thing they could do would be to get rid of raging bull Balmer.

db

mike wrote:
I know from an interview I heard with one of the developers on MS office
that almost all the features MS would get requests for were already in the
product.  One of the reasons for developing the ribbon was to increase the
chances of users getting more out of office.  Those here notwithstanding,
most reviews were positive towards the change.    Change isn't always good,
but it isn't always bad either.