Notice I did not make any assertions about Vista (Not familiar enough with it to do so.) I just said it was an upgrade I decided not to bite on.

Same thing happened in the DOS market. DOS 5 was a blockbuster. I remember buying my copy. DOS 6 was not so hot. I think it took 2 incremental upgrades to get it right. (DOS 6.2) Windows 98SE was a great upgrade, but ME was so so. XP was good.

So it does not surprise me that Vista with all the hype that was given it just did not make the grade as an upgrade that you NEEDED to have.

7 sounds like it is a much better upgrade. (They worked all the bugs out, but then why charge folks for your screwup?)

I have a copy of 7 that I want to load on one of my machines now that I think I have gotten everything where I want it on my new one.

Stewart