If I understand things correctly, all of these marvelous new ways of keeping
track of data files requires indexing the files.  And the index is a weak point
for a hacker break-in to find exactly what he is looking for on your computer.
I'd like to have the option of turning off _all_ indexing on my computer.  One
of the things that infuriates me about WinXP is that whenever I plug in an
external hard drive, XP proceeds to index it immediately, and wants to do
something "automatic" (e.g., play the music, put it on a playlist somewhere,
etc.) with it.  I want to turn off all of that automation -- such automation is
just one more way for hackers to do something malicious.

Fred Holmes