All of your data is contained within the .pst files that is your
Outlook mailbox.  Nothing happens to that, but you may need to point
2007 at it.  You'll probably have to set up your connections to
POP/IMAP and SMTP servers, so have tyhat info handy.

I never liked the way that MS buried the pst file 12 deep in a system
folder, so I moved mine to My Documents, where it can be backed up
(and found) more easily.  That said, it never hurts to back it up
prior to the upgrade.