> On a Windows XP computer I need to upgrade from
> MS Office 2003 to Office 2007.
>
> Everything I read on the web says to uninstall 2003
> first, then install 2007.
>
> That's relatively easy, BUT how do I preserve all my
> contact information, calendar and notes in Outlook ?
>
> Is it all in a file called   filename.pst ?
>
> Or has the name changed for 2007?
>
> Thanks for any advice on this process...
>
> Phil M.

The name hasn't changed, but I certainly didn't uninstall 2003 when I
upgraded to 2007, and I had no trouble at all. Others I know did the same,
and none of them had trouble either.

This is not to say that there is never any trouble, but the thing about the
web is, the people who post are generally the ones who did. The ones who
didn't, you never hear from. It can give a very distorted view of the
universe.

You'll have to make your own decision, but I just made sure I had a good
backup and did it.