Hear, Hear!

Two months ago my boot disk on my PC failed, I opted to do a clean install of Windows XP Pro on a new disk instead of a disk image backup of the failed disk. Reason: the computer had become so slow to operate that I was fretting. With a clean install, the computer now has a rejuvenated life.

So, what's the problem? Took a week to install the most used programs. Worse, some original disks application disks were gone missing, so I will have to buy same. Most expensive, a $600 application, followed by a $170 application, and more. If I had installed the backup image, I think that all programs would have been available as before.

Just realized tonight that I haven't yet installed Microsoft Office -- been happily using the computer without it. Question for this group: is there a way of installing a program from a backup image (DriveImage, similar to Ghost image) onto a boot disk without the original program disks?

Rev. Stewart Marshall wrote:
I do but do you want to have to reinstall everything on your system?

In these days of key#s and stuff it takes a couple of months to restore a system to what it was before when you have to reload stuff.