users became able to use every printer that Unix/Linux users could.

From:    Tom Piwowar <t...@tjpa.com>

So which of these listeners identified on Alvin's computer are
untrustworthy?

Well he is running a Unix so he is probably better off than someone
running notorious Windows. Nevertheless, listening to a port that
supports a function you do not need has no benefit and a (probably small) potential risk. The CUPS (Common Unix Printing System) is only useful if he is using CUPS printing. Most people don't. The Netadmin port I don't
know about. I know my Mac is not listening to that port.