> I said I was downloading from a M$ server. Where do you get Adobe in
> there? Trying to shift the blame I guess. XP SP3 is purely a M$
> travesty.
> I had no problems downloading patchers from the Adobe servers.

Maybe you should have said that to begin with instead of speaking in code.

> Ain't that the truth, but we have to have some M$ around for clients
> who
> are under the thumb of clueless IT managers.

Or, you know, keep them around since 90% of the computer market is Windows
of some form, and well, maybe, there might be some people who use them.  Or
something like that.

> So of course in your mind I must be lying. It could not be crappy M$
> servers. I was downloading the SP3 exe so I would not have to download
> the update again and again and again for every desktop. I put the one
> exe
> on a local server or portable drive and quickly update every computer.
> Easy to do with every other vendor, except M$.

It couldn't have been that your message was incoherent.  No, it couldn't be
that.

I've done what you describe many, many times without any trouble.  I suggest
pilot error.

Maybe you shouldn't have waited to download SP3 until the day after Windows
7 RC, which is a 2.6 GB d/l, is released to great demand.  SP3 has been out
for over 6 months.  Chalk it up to poor network management on your part.

You should try Windows Server Update Service (WSUS).  It's free.  It
downloads the patches to a central repository and then you can schedule the
updates out to the Windows PCs in a fraction of the time.  Or don't, if your
time isn't worth anything.

Download: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/wsus/bb466190.aspx
Learn: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/wsus/default.aspx

I use Shavlik NetChkPro as I find it to be a better product than WSUS.  But,
it isn't free.