Did no one read my post of a few days ago?
The pictures are not "in Picassa".
They are in:
Tools=>Options=>General     Save Imported Pictures in ...

And (for Windows) if you don't modify with the above after installing Picassa, the default is the My Pictures folder in My Documents.
How much simpler can it be?

Tom Piwowar wrote:
WHERE the pics are is important because some of those pics should be
backed up. Ask the average Picasa user where their pictures are, and
you'll get an absurd answer like "They're in Picasa!".

That is a perfectly sensible and correct answer. No better and no worse than saying that the files are in a particular directory.

Seeing how most people manage files in directories I think it is far better to have them "in Picassa."

You are just stuck in the over-complicated past.