There's no way I would recommend getting a Mac and trying to run
Windows on it. It can be done, and many of the Mac users on this list
do it all the time, but that's not really relevant to you.

Your biggest decision will be what size screen to get. Best Buy has a
good $400+tax deal on a 15.4" Toshiba T3400 right now (though, if they
have one with Vista Home Premium for a bit more I'd go for it
instead).

Ignore the few rabid Mac fans on the list. They're just upset their
market share is still in the single digits.