fine for them and don't want the troubles of an upgrade, etc.

From:    Jeff Wright <jswri...@gmail.com>

Apple supports the current and previous versions of the OS. They price their OS upgrades very reasonably and they have a quality product (not Vista). It is easy for their customers to keep up and they get lots of value with each
upgrade. It makes little sense to support X.3.

I should add that the Microsoft Office updater on the same Macs is
having no trouble finding and installing updates to Office 2004, which
is roughly the same age as 10.3.

I'm sure they're only doing it to make Apple look bad.  Apple rules
and MS drools.  Everyone knows that.