On Jul 29, 2009, at 10:48 AM, TPiwowar wrote:

Apple supports the current and previous versions of the OS. They price their OS upgrades very reasonably and they have a quality product (not Vista). It is easy for their customers to keep up and they get lots of value with each upgrade. It makes little sense to support X.3.

I kept using Panther until the "bitter end," so to speak. That end came as developers pretty much stopped writing Panther code for their apps, and moved on to Tiger and beyond. Panther has issues that were resolved, and more, in Tiger. I still keep Tiger on one machine because it is just a bit slow for Leopard at 1.25 GHz. Tiger works very well on any machine. Panther? That's another story.

  Steve