It generally means that someone was sending out spam using your email
address as the "from", and doesn't mean anything about your machine or your
account itself.
The real-world analogy would be if someone put your address on the "return
address" part of the envelope, and then sent it out without a stamp or
something.  It would come back to you, since your address is on the
envelope, even if you didn't actually send it.