> We can run Windows on our Macs. We can run Windows programs without
> Windows. We can run Mac OS X on our Macs. We can run Linux on our Macs.
> Buy one, get two/three free. Macs have longer useful life than PCs. Buy
> one, get three/four free.

If I buy or build a PC, I only have to buy one OS license, not 2.  I can run
Linux on my PC as well (Ubuntu via Wubi) and I have no need for OS X, not that
Apple allows it to be virtualized to begin with.

> Living within our means includes planning ahead and getting the most
> useful and long-lived computer. A PC that costs $700 is more expensive
> than a Mac that costs $1200 due to installed hardware/software,
> versatility and longevity of the Macs.

"A PC."  There is no such thing.  You Mac people need to get your heads around
the monolith.

There are dozens of brands and probably hundreds of models all of varying
degrees of price and quality.  Your statement has no validity in that regard.
You might as well substitute "Chevys" and "Fords."