So what was the consensus... a viable strategy or currently irrelevant?

db

b_s-wilk wrote:
The website I was referring to is this: What is an SAR rating <http://www.sarvalues.com/what-is-sar.html>

That site is ancient history, and mostly irrelevant if you're tethering your phone or using a wired headset. Most [none?] of those phones aren't being sold any more.

I'd love to have a cheap data plan to use for a few days here and there when I'm not home, if this would work. Can't always piggy back on open networks or find a cafe with WiFi.