Ahh! Thanks all. I should have thought of this. I've actually been on a couple of Yahoo groups. Good points Stewart. These are mostly low tech people. Gardeners and community organizers. Simple is better.
I'm glad I don't have to digest those manuals.

Rev. Stewart Marshall wrote:
Depends on what you are doing.

Some folks still prefer an email list.

Others want an online discussion list.

I have seen both.

To do the discussion you must have web access and you must be online all the time.

To do an email list it is much simpler for many folks who do not have the time to monitor the web 24/7.

It depends on what he wants but one or the other should be suitable.