This is a heck of a stretch though. While both Google and Yahoo Groups
save old messages, and allow you to read them from a browser,
comparing that experience to even the simplest free forums these days
is like comparing a unicycle to a Corvette.

But yes, the line blurs, especially when a full featured forum may
allow you to read and post via email.