I'm looking for an external keyboard, for a notebook computer, that would sit
on top of the notebook computer's keyboard, instead of "in front of" the
notebook computer.  The keyboard might have "pedestals" on each end to support
it over the notebook body, instead of having it rest on the notebook keyboard.

Anyone seen such a beast, or a better solution?

When a "standard" keyboard is placed "in front of" a notebook computer, the
display is moved too far away for my liking, and also too much [physical] desk
top real estate is occupied.

Thanks,

Fred Holmes