What CMS would you prefer the govt. to use?

From:    Allen Firstenberg <cg...@addventure.com>

I'm not Tom, but I'll give the #1 reason to avoid drupal:  PHP
And they do have serious problems with it. Very serious problems. PHP is a security nightmare of epic proportions. If Microsoft made PHP, we'd be constantly talking about how there was another security vulnerability every week... and thats very much PHP's reputation. It has security mis- designs
that have carried over since its earliest days, and only recently even
barely addressed - and those recent fixes have broken some major code,
including drupal.

There are lots of good reasons to use drupal... but PHP is the biggest
reason to avoid it like industrial farm waste.